Monday, August 26, 2013

Dream

You know how it feels like when you've typed a long ass entry and now the entry is gone and you don't even know why it's gone? Whatever that feeling is, I'm feeling it now. ERGH.

BUT!!! I just managed to retrieve my deleted post by looking at my history of websites. Phew.

Okay, anyway. We all wish to have our dream wedding but in some cases (some, not all),  it can be quite expensive, depending on what your dream wedding is. It won't be that expensive if you are filthy rich. Unfortunately, I am not and neither am I marrying one filthy rich guy (but I adore him nonetheless). Since I can't afford everything that I would like to have at my wedding, without being declared bankrupt at the end of that one day event, I try to compromise with myself.

Actually I don't really have a dream wedding in mind. I only have a list of dreams and my wedding is not part of my dream list. But I do have preferences and some of the things I like are out of budget. So I need to compromise with myself, like I mentioned above. How do I compromise? I splurge on those things I find important to me and I save on those things I don't really bother so much. Some things, are quite average. Here's my list of saves:

Save List

1. Bridal 
This is important but since Zai signed a decor and catering package which included bridal services at a fraction of what is offered in the market, we took it up. When Zai signed the package, we haven't started any research on vendors. So you can say that we signed the package blindly. Since the make up artist we engaged does good make-up and he's related to Zai, I felt safe. I trust his make-up after I saw it during a friend's engagement. But now, my parents say I can't have a male make up artist, yes he's male. -.- So I have to get their female make-up artist. Although they say she does make up like him but to be safe, I'm just going to do a trial first.

2. Henna
Since my parents have a house in JB and I am living with them, I plan to take my henna services from JB. Which cost much less than in Singapore. I am not into henna so I am okay with a simple design.

3. Gift Trays
We're going to have 4 to 5 trays max on each side. Because he has some trays at home from his sister's wedding years ago, we decided to DIY our gift trays. Like I mentioned before, my DIY skill (or lack of it) is horrible so this is quite a big project haha.

4. Gifts
No expensive gifts either, not even toiletries. Only the essentials like ring, prayer mat, Quran, cloths. Cause we splurged on the ring and we decided to shop for ourselves reasonably (I hope!) during the honeymoon. So there's really no need for bags and shoes actually.

5. Invitations
A saving if you're doing it at JB. Some of their cards are really nice too. I am not doing the folded cards but the postcard kind so it's even cheaper by like half. :)

6. Bridal Room
This is almost free. Because I am not doing my nikah and wedding anywhere near my house, no guests will be seeing my room except close relatives from KL who will sleepover. Even if guests want to see my room, they are very much welcome because the state of my room now is acceptable thanks to my neat freak mother. She will throw out anything that's messy in my room. Thank god the bed is heavy and the wardrobe is stuck to the wall. =x

7. Flower Bouquet
If I'm not wrong, my bridal provides this. Although some flower bouquets are really pretty, I don't think I want to spend so much on something that I know I will just chuck one side after the ceremony is over. Plus, I'm a chocolates over flowers person. Not that I don't like receiving flowers, I don't mind flowers at all, but chocolates can eat what. Flowers can only smell. Haha. 

So that was my save list. Shall do my average and splurge list in the next entries. :D Wanted to put all, it'll be too wordy!


And inside these paper bags, are the outfit for our bestman and groomsmen which we gave out yesterday during our annual jalan raya outing. Zai couldn't be bothered with the printing of cards and all so yeah. One thing off the list! Many more wedding errands to clear.

6 comments:

  1. so cute the cards!with the mustache! heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute right. Template curik from somewhere ni. Not my own design pon haha.

      Delete
  2. nice nyerrr your goodie bags! nak jugak for birthday boleh? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ni goodie bag asal boleh je ni, but thank you! Dalam bukan nye ade goodies pon haha. Nak jugak for birthday boleh... Ape salahnye hahaha.

      Delete
  3. one of the names mcm familiar. you're izzati's polymate ehhhh? :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Observant eh you! Haha. I think I know which name is the familiar one haha. I don't know her but I think I know who is she and recognise her cause we have mutual friends. But we don't talk and all that since I don't know her personally. :)

      Delete