Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Average Jane

I came up with my Save List in the previous entry here.

Recap of my Save List:
1) Bridal
2) Henna
3) Gift Trays
4) Gifts
5) Invitations
6) Bridal Room
7) Flower Bouquet

This is now my Average List. Wedding stuff which I think I didn't spend much on but also didn't save much on will be on my Average List. My splurge list will be up whenever I'm bored haha.

Average List

1. Food
I won't say my food is cheap, to cater for 1,000 people is definitely not cheap. But I would say at about $10 per pax, they're cheaper than some other caterers in the market. I also don't intend to have dessert bars or 20 types of kuehs. For now no live stations like banana fritters, roti kirai and satay either unless my dad insists cause he likes all these stuff. No chocolate fondue, popcorn, candy floss and ice cream for the kids. But I might just choose one out of the four stated, for them. Since I don't have any favours for them. But my dad rather have a live station like satay or banana fritters than to have anything like popcorns or candy floss.

2. Cake
Those cakes I really, really like are quite over my budget. Since I find even the simplest cake is pretty, I don't mind getting a reasonable priced cake.

3. Venue
Not void deck, not hotel. This will be considered average. I don't exactly have any void decks in the first place cause I spend most of the time staying at JB. :)

4. Decor
I won't say this is cheap but neither is this as expensive as the ones I wanted haha. I also didn't choose the super nice decor which costs more, but I chose the average decor and just spend on the chiavari chairs.

5. Photographer
This would be under 'saves' initially but since I decided to engage another photog, so this will be under average. The first photog actually comes with Zai's package where we just need to pay a fraction of what is offered in the market now. Same like the bridal's case, we signed this without researching much. One year later, although I accepted the bridal and moved on, I still think I should get another photog. So I did just that. I didn't take those really super expensive one la. I took an average one which is still nice enough and up to my standard. :) So now we have two photogs.

6. Favours
This one is quite cheap cause I'm getting my aunt to bake. But after adding on the container, ribbons and thank you tags, it becomes average I suppose haha. How much do people pay for wedding favours nowadays? I really don't know. Hopefully they will taste as nice as how I tasted before. :/ Paranoid know.

7. Tailored Wedding Dress
Since we signed the bridal package without researching at first, I decided to treat ourselves to a tailored wedding dress. We will pay for the tailor and the bridal company will pay for the cloth. But, they will keep the dress since they are paying for the cloth. I am fine with that since I probably won't use it anymore and I have pictures of myself in it so there's no need to keep the dress for sentimental value. I told Zai our future daughter can wear it on her wedding 25 years later but he said by then my dress will look out of fashion. Kay fine.

So I have 7 things on the Save List and 7 things on the Average List. Just hope my Splurge list won't be very long.

And happy news for me:

I blurred out the colours, cannot reveal everything now what haha, but I think you can make a guess. 

Anyway I set a budget for my wedding cake, which is less than $500, and wedding cake is one of the things which I don't really want to splurge on. I asked Kak Fairani for a cake that's within my budget. She showed me a lovely cake, but it's white and the top tier is a dummy cake. I don't want a white cake and I don't want any dummy cakes if possible. If I want the colour of my choice, I have to top up a certain amount. If I want all real cakes, I also have to top up a certain amount. Which ended up to be over my budget. :(

I was prepared to forgo the real cake but still wanted the colour of my choice. Until she asked me whether I signed up at the open house, and I did! I'm glad I did because that entitled me to a 10% discount which I forgot about. After the 10% discount the cake price ended up to be only slightly above my budget! So happy I could have the colour of my choice and all real cakes without having to top up much. :)

On to something else, my card was finally sent for printing! After a few drafts and edits here and there cause I asked them to design something different from the template they already have. I love the outcome! No embossing or ribbons or crystals or whatever, just normal printing but I like the design la. Heh.

Now we're in the midst of engaging a vendor for his gift trays (so much for DIY-ing, I'm still DIY-ing mine though), in the midst of choosing our photoshoot photos (yay!!!) and in the midst of preparing ourselves mentally (haha) to be the Maid of Honour and Bestman of our good friends' wedding. :D

4 comments:

  1. Nice meeting you (again!) Earlier ahahahaha. I dah check settings of my blog see if u can use already? *out of topic from your blog post eh sorry * :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe okay! We've met before but very long time ago right? Haha. Nice meeting you too! :)

      Delete
    2. Yah in sec 1 ke sec 2. I went over near vista point to meet biba and kita main playground. Hahahahahahahahahaha

      Delete
    3. I can't remember sey! I just remembered we've met, but not sure how, where and when haha.

      Delete